There are 4 special features in Viking Runecraft – wild symbols, Gift of the Gods, Charge of Destruction and Ragnarok Free Spins.
There are 4 wild symbols in Viking Runecraft and each is a different god from Norse mythology – Freda, Odin, Heimdall and Thor.
Gift of the Gods is a feature in Viking Runecraft where you’ll rise through different levels to get bigger wins. It is triggered at random after any non-winning spin and there are four god features. However, to even get this far there is a process to go through. You’ll see behind the symbols on your screen a blue pattern that turns yellow when you get a winning combination. When the whole pattern turns yellow, the Gift of the Gods feature can be triggered.
The god features are:
- Thunder – between 5 and 9 symbols will become wild.
- Wisdom – 2 pairs of wilds form vertically to each other.
- Beauty – In the centre 5×5 grid, a 4 wild cluster is placed in various places until it forms a winning combo.
- Guarding – Every row will receive a wild symbol.
When you complete a pattern, you’ll trigger the Runes of Valhalla bonus game. Players will be presented with a wheel to spin that can land them big cash prizes.
On the left hand side of the screen, you’ll see a meter that will be filled up a little each time you achieve a winning combination. When the meter is full, it will trigger the Charge of Destruction feature of which there are four modes and one will be awarded to you randomly.
- Scorching of Surtr – 3 symbols are chosen at random and the symbols around it will be transformed into matching symbols.
- Judgement of Jormungandir – a snake appears on screen to slither over and transform symbols into matching combinations.
- Fury of Fenrir – 4 diagonal lines are picked and 2 of them are then taken away for the remaining two lines to be transformed all into the same matching symbol.
- Lure of Loki – 2 symbols are chosen. One will be removed from the reels alongside all other matching symbols and they will all be replaced by the other chosen symbol.
After the round finishes, the meter will reset, ready to be filled again, which leads us onto the Ragnarok Free Spins round. Complete the meter twice and this will be triggered to award you a free spin. In this feature, the meter is transformed into the End of the World Bonus meter. Achieving wins during this feature with different symbols will result in being awarded a win multiplier. The more symbols you get, the bigger the multiplier will be and this can be up to a 15x multiplier for 80 symbols. During this feature, if you spin and don’t get a win, a feature from Charge of Destruction will be awarded to you. Once you’ve played through each God from Charge of Destruction, the round ends.